Sunday, August 21, 2011

First Day Jitters

One of my favorite books to read on the first day of school (Besides the Kissing Hand) is called
First Day Jitters by Julie Danneberg and Judith DuFour Love (Mar 2000) where the teacher is the one nervous at the end of the story.
 Eek! I have the jitters b/c I'm moving schools with a new staff, kids that I'm semi familiar with and a classroom that went from rags to riches. So~ I've been looking up blogs a lot but here is a cute clipboard of rules that I came across from one of my favorite blogs Eighteen25
 I think I"ll post this in my entry way. I sure hope the kids follow it. :)
But most of all, I can't wait to frame it and give it as a teacher present to one of my kids' teachers. It's probably more elementary school appropriate so I'll have to be patient for a couple of years.
What a wonderful and budget friendly teacher gift!

Lastly, I came across this great one that I'd like to post on my wall as well:
Special ed can get very rewarding but not without some uphill challenges ...SO~ I must Keep Calm and Teach On. (Post from Hands on Housewife)

To All my Teacher Friends and kiddos...Have a great year!!!!~

AND, Thank you friends who gave me encouraging words to start the year.
Thank you
::Hus & sisters for keeping me safe & preparing with me til 11pm in my classroom as I worked
:: My Mother In Law helped me watch my kids and even helped me in the classroom a bit
::Thanks Hannah S. & Irene for coming to my classroom

You guys are all super stars and out of this world to me!!!!

1 comment: